HOME BUSINESSES E-LEARNING MATRIMONIAL DONATIONS CLASSIFIED E-COMMERCE SUPPORT

Masjid Wali Muhammad

Mosque and Islamic Center

Be the first to review

Masjid Wali Muhammad is home to one of the first and oldest African American Muslim congregations. They moved to their current location on Linwood in 1959. Their first home was on Hastings Street in Black Bottom and was established by W.D. Fard and led by the Honorable Elijah Mohammad in the early 1930s. Their name changed from Muhammad’s Temple No. 1 to Masjid Wali Muhammad in 1978 when the Honorable Warith Deen Muhammad led the former NOI into the Sunni Islamic community.