HOME BUSINESSES E-LEARNING MATRIMONIAL DONATIONS CLASSIFIED E-COMMERCE SUPPORT

ISLAMIC CENTER

Mosque and Islamic Center

Be the first to review

The Islamic Center of Michigan City, Indiana is a non-profit religious foundation.

The center was first organized on April 26,1914 under the name of “The Bader Elmoneer Society of Michigan City”. The founder and first president was Hussein Boudeeb Mohamed who was also the society’s religious leader. In the early 1920’s the Society purchased land that became the first ever Mosque built in the United States of America. The organization was then recognized as a non profit religious society in May 15,1924 under the name Asser El Jadeed Arabian Islamic Society. The center remained until 1969 when the Michigan City Redevelopment Department purchased the building as part of the Michigan City Urban Renewal Program. On October 24,1969 the Asser El Jadeed Arabian Islamic Society reorganized under its present name, The Islamic Center of Michigan City. A relocation plan was completed and purchased in 1971, the existing building that we know today.